This position requires the dis-assembly, inspection and repair of positive displacement blowers and vacuum pumps. This includes small units that weigh as little as 30 pounds to units that can weigh several thousand pounds. This position may assist with shipping and receiving of blowers and blower related parts and accessories.
Most of the work will be performed in our shop in Gainesville, GA with potential for travel for repair work in other pdblowers repair facilities. Field service is required from time to time.
A typical repair would require the following:
– Initial visual inspection of the unit as received to determine any obvious reasons for service
– Dis-assembly of the unit which may require the use of a cutting torch for seized bearings or cut-off tools
– Inspection of blower components. Inspections includes the measurement of shaft diameters, bearing pocket diameters, rotor lengths and widths. Determine if any of the components need repair or replacement.
– Report is submitted to sales to determine if a repair will be authorized
– Once repair is authorized, parts are prepped for bead blaster and some parts require cleaning. Other parts may need to be repaired or sent out to be repaired.
– Assembly of the unit once all parts are cleaned and to factory specification.
– Unit is then tested to confirm that it is operating within acceptable standards
– Experience rebuilding rotating equipment with tight tolerances, this could include engines, pumps, transmissions and compressors
– Using and reading micrometers, calipers and dial indicators
– Using hand tools including impact wrenches, torque wrenches
– Comfortable using a acetylene torch for cutting and heating
– Strong mechanical skills
– Strong skill set at looking at machine components such as bearings, shafts, machined parts and determine a mode of failure or damage to the individual component.
– Strong analytical skills
– Good writing skills for preparation of service reports
– Good verbal communication skills for interoffice communication and possible customer interaction.
– Proficient computer skills
– Must be well organized
Additional qualities that would be very useful (but not all are necessary):
– Knowledge of weld repair of cast iron
– Knowledge of hard chrome plating
– Knowledge and experience using a lathe
– Able to lift 70 lbs
– Able to work on your feet 8-10 hours a day
Experience required: 5 years of experience preferred
License or certification required: Valid Drivers License
Education required: High School or equivalent
Drug Free Workplace
Smoke Free Environment