For equipment utilized in pharmaceutical or food processing facilities, possible allergens in the lubricants may be a concern. As of January 2018, the following allergen information applies to the Roots synthetic lubricants available at pdblowers.com. Should you have more specific requirements contact us.
Howden Roots Lubricants Manufactured by Royal Purple, LLC:
- Are free of all allergens listed under EU regulation Annex II in Directive 1169/2011/EC1.
- Do not contain any natural products derived from animals, nuts or genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Do not contain any animal-derived materials that contribute to bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) and other transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSE) including (FSE) Feline Spongiforme Encephalopathy, from animal-derived materials.
1REGULATION (EU) No 1169/2011 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 October 2011
ANNEX II: SUBSTANCES OR PRODUCTS CAUSING ALLERGIES OR INTOLERANCES
1. Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut or their hybridised strains, and products thereof;
2. Crustaceans and products thereof;
3. Eggs and products thereof;
4. Fish and products thereof;
5. Peanuts and products thereof;
6. Soybeans and products thereof;
7. Milk and products thereof (including lactose);
8. Nuts, namely: almonds (Amygdalus communis L.), hazelnuts (Corylus avellana), walnuts (Juglans regia), cashews (Anacardium occidentale), pecan nuts (Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh.) K. Koch), Brazil nuts (Bertholletia excelsa), pistachio nuts (Pistacia vera), macadamia or Queensland nuts (Macadamia ternifolia), and products thereof, except for nuts used for making alcoholic distillates including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin;
9. Celery and products thereof;
10. Mustard and products thereof;
11. Sesame seeds and products thereof;
12. Sulphur dioxide and sulphites at concentrations of more than 10 mg/kg or 10 mg/litre in terms of the total SO2 which are to be calculated for products as proposed ready for consumption or as reconstituted according to the instructions of the manufacturers;
13. Lupin and products thereof;
14. Molluscs and products thereof.