Method 1 Calibration
PDBLOWERS INC. SEPARATOR LEVEL CONTROL ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE
This is a supplement to the manufacturer’s operating instructions condensing the adjustment procedure for pdblowers’ separator application.
NOTE: CW – indicates clockwise, CCW – indicates counter clockwise. The following procedure requires you to adjust potentiometers (pots) fully CW and CCW. The pot is fully turned CW or CCW when a very faint click is heard. There is one click per revolution. Depending on the position of the pot setting at the start it may take quite a few turns to reach fully CW or CCW.
DO NOT try to adjust two level points too close to each other or at the same point. Levels must be staggered at least by l” to 2″.
LEVEL DESCRIPTIONS IN DESCENDING ORDER OF LEVEL:
HIGH /HIGH LEVEL – level that shuts off the flow of process air to the separator.
HIGH LEVEL – level which turns on the liquid pump to drain the separator.
HIGH/HIGH LEVEL RESET – level that permits the flow of process air to the separator.
LOW LEVEL – level which turns off the liquid pump.
LEVEL CONTROL ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE
Follow steps only in order as indicated:
- Make certain the fluid level in separator is above the HIGH/HIGH level.
- Turn both set point pot # 1 and #2 to full CCW.
- Turn both deadband pot # I and #2 to full CW.
- Set both toggle dip switches to position 1, this is up towards the pots on the board.
- Drain the fluid level to the HIGH/HIGH level.
- Turn set point #2 pot CW until the LED goes ON.
- Drain the fluid level to the HIGH/HIGH RESET level.
- Turn the deadband #2 pot CCW until the LED goes OFF.
- Fill the separator to the HIGH level.
- Turn the set point #I pot CW until the LED goes ON.
- Drain the fluid level to the LOW level.
- Turn the deadband ff I pot CCW until the LED goes OFF.
Method 2 Calibration Procedure
Quick Start Calibration Instructions:
- Flip both toggle switches up.
- Start with empty vessel.
- Turn both setpoint switches CCW.
- Turn both deadband switches CCW.
- Raise liquid to the desired setpoint of relay 1.
Note: This is the higher of the two levels when using the deadband.
- Turn the relay 1 setpoint CW until the LED comes on.
- Raise liquid higher to the desired setpoint of relay 2. Usually High/High setting.
- Turn the relay 2 setpoint CW until the LED comes on.
- If not using deadbands at all then you are done.
- If using deadbands, then turn deadband pot(s) fully CW now
- Lower liquid to desired release point of relay 2.
- Turn relay 2 deadband pot CCW until LED goes off.
- You are done with relay 2.
- Lower liquid further until you reach the desired release point of relay 1.
- Turn relay 1 deadband pot CCW until LED goes off.
- You are done with relay 1.
If using failsafe or pump up applications, then flip the toggle switch(es) down now.