Product Line Details
Solberg Filter Elements feature pleated media for high dirt holding capacity. Polyester elements are reinforced with epoxy coated steel wire on both sides of the cloth. Paper elements use heavy duty industrial strength paper surrounded by heavy gauge galvanized expanded metal. Optional prefilters add 40-50% increased dust loading capacity.
Solberg Filter Element Features
- Pleated media for high dirt holding capacity
- Paper: Heavy duty industrial strength paper surrounded by heavy gauge galvanized expanded metal
- Polyester: Reinforced with epoxy coated steel wire on both sides of cloth
- 40 – 50% increased dust loading capacity with prefilter (part # suffix P)
- Optimal surface area per given size
Cleaning Solberg Filter Elements
Solberg filter elements should be cleaned or replaced once the pressure drop reaches 10 to 15-inches water column (250 – 380mm WC) above the initial pressure drop of the installation. Please note that the overall performance of a filter element is altered once cleaned; the initial pressure drop after cleaning will be greater than the original, clean pressure drop of the element. After each subsequent cleaning, the initial pressure drop will continue to increase. Under all circumstances, the initial pressure drop of the element needs to be maintained at less than 15-inches water column (380mm WC). Cleaned elements that exceed 15-inches water column (380mm WC) at start-up should be replaced with new elements.
- Paper Element: The paper element may be lightly blown with low pressure air. It is disposable and in most cases should be replaced with a new element.
- Polyester Element: The polyester element may be washed in warm soapy water, vacuumed, gently blown out or replaced. Use a mild detergent like Dawn liquid soap. The element should be completely dry before reinstallation. The element should be replaced after a maximum of three cleanings.
- Polyurethane Prefilter: The prefilter may be washed as a sponge or replaced to give the element a longer service life.
- Epoxy Coated Wire Mesh and Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Elements: Cleaning instructions similar to polyester, except mild solvents may be used.